Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fascia and soffit: aluminum vs. vinyl

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 07:23:45 -0700 (PDT), ls02 wrote:

I need to wrap soffit and fascia on my new addition. What material,
aluminum or vinyl looks best, easier to install for an average
homeowner?

Aluminum, if you can afford it. Vinyl-clad aluminum, if you're feeling rich.
;-)

Vinyl can sag and can look terrible. Aluminum is almost as easy to work with.
A circular saw (I used a RAS) with a plywood blade in backwards (AND HEARING
PROTECTION) cuts it very easily. It goes up easily and looks great. Soffits
and Facia are a piece of cake.