Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pipe insulation made of black foam rubber

On Sep 11, 10:52*am, dpb wrote:
On 9/11/2011 9:44 AM, millinghill wrote:

Hi.
I've lots of that black foam rubber pipe insulation, but it's for 1/2"
diameter. *The (cold water) pipes I need to insulate are 1". *I want
to insulate them to prevent consdensation in my basement. *If I split
two of them down the middle, it will cover the 1" pipe. *But what do I
seal/glue/tape it with? *Duct tape will just get old and unstick after
a few months/years. *Any ideas?
Advice appreciated.
Thanks
Theodore.

Spray foam (automotive) adhesive

--

Given the cost of similar insulation at HD, I would not
go through the trouble of trying to join two split pieces.