Posted to alt.home.repair
teabird teabird is offline

Default wood window, alum track

On Sep 7, 8:26*pm, "Colbyt" wrote:
"teabird" wrote in message

Hello,

I have several wood windows that need replacement parts. *The aluminum
tracks on the sides and the aluminum strip along the base and side to
stop air infiltration. They are about 40 years old.

I have asked around the home center and lumber supplier and everyone
tells me I need to know the manufacturer. *I've had the windows out of
the openings and tracks removed, and can't see a manufacturer's
mark. * I've performed web searches and find wood windows with ropes
and pullies, and newer 2x glaze, al clad or low maintenance plastic
window parts. *My windows seem to be in between these in technology.

Does anyone know where or how to find these parts?

TIA,

John

There was and still may be retro-fit kits that will work with any window.

All the stores want to sell you is replacement windows. *By the time you
price it all out that may still be the cheapest. *

Start with Blaine windows parts, *and there is another company whose name I
can not recall at the moment. *Will find the catalog and provide the name if
you reply to this post.

--
Colbyt
Please come visithttp://www.househomerepair.com

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. DerbyDAd03 above has the same
windows.

I'll probably have to replace them, but I love the look of all wood,
single pane windows. And, of course, they have all been stained to
match the trim.

I guess ultimately, I could create some wooden tracks, don't know how
to handle the balancing, but could keep the sashes.

Thnx to everyone.

John