Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC[_2_] TMC[_2_] is offline

Default Plumbing copper or plastic

Hi all

have a small amount of plumbing to do on same project as earlier question
posted

However I may be refitting the bathroom later (this is a modern wet room
where plastic pipe has been used but son wants a bath fitting)

I will be using at most 8 metres of 15 mm pipe a few elbows and the odd
straight connector to replace the outside toilet and cold feed a utilty room
for tap, washing machine and american style fridge with chilled water output

all will be surface mounted and visible

I can solder and usually use end feed fittings although have not needed to
do so for a few years

As copper pipe is expensive at the moment should I move to plastic?

I t will be easier and the pipe cheaper but the pipe costs would be offset
by the cost of the fittings...... except that I do not need bags of 25 end
feed fittings so the offset cost is not what it might be

what do the team think?

regards

Tony