Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Leaking Amerigas Propane Tank,--Amazing Service

On 8/31/2011 2:10 PM, SMS wrote:
One of my propane tanks for my grill would leak every time the hose was
connected to it and the valve was opened. Probably the rubber seal was
bad. I didn't know if Home Depot would exchange it for me since it was
only half full and I had bought it probably nine months ago.

I called Amerigas. The lady on the phone was really nice, but she did
not understand that the tank wasn't leaking except when it was connected
to the hose. She started advising me to not use any light switches, to
put the tank away from the house, to not transport it, etc. She took
down my address and someone came out within an hour with a replacement
full tank at no charge.

I'm still in shock that this whole thing did not involve any arguing,
any excuses, any accusations, any claims that it must be the grill, not
their tank.

Still in shock about what? They could be the most miserable company in
the world but there are rather large liability issues involved with
flammable gases. They would be absolutely stupid not to quickly respond.