Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default PICTURES OF MUGS was: How to identify pewter

On 2011-08-27, DT wrote:
In article ,
lid says...
I bought seven grey colored, cast metal drinking cups with handles. I
suspect that they may be pewter, but I am not sure. What is the
easiest way to recognize pewter?

They have a cast mark on the bottom, like FTR or HTR.

Could the marks be RWP? Anyway, cast bottom marks = modern piece.

http://reviews.ebay.com/RWP-Wilton-A...W0QQugidZ10000
000004569616

I do not think that it could be RWP. It looks more like RTR, HTR, FTP,
or something

I took some pictures:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Cast-Metal-Mugs/

The logo is visible on two large scale pictures.

thanks

Those are cast pewter Abbey Bell Tankards. 1 pint size.
Most of them sell for around 50-100 bucks each. More if they are heavy
and polished.

--
Steve W.