Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default Plans for making a simple plow plane?

On Thou, 25 Aug 2011 12:32:12 -0700 (PDT), "William F. Adams
I'm finding that I'll be needing a plow plane for my next project
(have been making do by cutting dados w/ an assortment of other hand
tools) --- does anyone have plans for such?

Yup, I designed and carried out plans for my plow plane and it's
turned out real well.

1. Called my nearest Lee Valley Tools store and confirmed they had a
right hand model in stock.

2. On my way over, stopped in at the local tavern and chatted with the
boys while I ate a steak on a kaiser bun and quaffed two Sleeman Creme
ale beer.

3. Headed over to Lee Valley and picked up my plow plane with imperial
diameter blades.

4. Rushed back home to test out the plane and was eminently satisfied.

All in all, my plans turned out real well that day. Wish most of my
plans worked out as well.

(Sorry, it's been a slow day and I had nothing else to do. By the way,
the story above is completely true in every aspect except for the fact
that I first had to raid my bank account for enough money.)

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,41182,57678

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,41182,57678