Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Sheetrock?

I think you were confusing two different things: plywood (Chinese or
otherwise) that was outgassing formaldehyde, and Chinese drywall that was
outgassing hydrogen sulfide.

Yeah, I was confused, because I didn't know the appropriate facts
about sheetrock or plywood. I couldn't answer Jan's concern because
I didn't know. That's why I came here, to get some facts, rather than
relying on my own speculations (based more on news reports post-
Katrina, than any actual knowledge). I didn't even remember the news
reports correctly, as to whether it was sheetrock or plywood that had
the formaldehyde issue.

Jan is having sheetrock work done and she mentioned formaldehyde. I
didn't know, any better, to catch the error. I suppose/suspect Jan's
contractor caught her faux pas, just as readily as you all caught
mine, and that he is taking good care of her remodeling.

Sonny