Posted to uk.d-i-y
SS[_2_] SS[_2_] is offline

Default single phase Watt hour meter

"harryagain" wrote in message

"John Rumm" wrote in message
On 15/08/2011 23:33, SS wrote:
Just recently moved into this house and it has a single phase watt hour
meter, it is positioned just above the normal main switch box.
To be honest I dont know if I had similar in my previous house.
What is it? as in whats it for.
and
Every so often I see a red light flash on momentarily, what is that for?

Sounds rather like the electricity meter! You probably know what they are
for ;-)

There will usually be a indication of the flash significance printed on
it - say one flash every 100th kwh consumed. So basically the faster it
flashes the more its costing.

Usually 1000th of a Kwh. Ie, it flashes once per watt hour.

Thanks for replies, wasnt sure if the light was a warning light of some
kind.