Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott M Scott M is offline

Default How much harder is it to make a flat roof with a small slope?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I suspect because like my carpenters, the principles of trigonometry
escape them. They insisted on laying out the rafters for the 57 degree
pitched roof on the ground, and not trusting to sins coses and tans...

IMO, a physical check is so much easier than trying to get the maths
right. If I had a pound for every calculation where I try and be clever
with the maths, and fail, I could probably afford to emply an emmeritus
professor of trig!

--
Scott