Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Recall on PEX water pipes?

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 20:30:39 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

While I'm on the subject of water pipes -

Is there a recall on PEX water pipes?

I'm hearing that some people are suing because their PEX piping system
is failing at the connection points. Costing them thousands to rip it
out of their new homes and replace it.

Might only be for the hot water lines.

There was a case a couple years ago locally (Las Vegas). ZURN
connectors made in Canada leaked and caused plenty of damage to many
homes. The problem appears to be that to much zinc was used in making
the brass connectors, which caused them to leak, Maybe a couple of
other brand connectors.

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/case/zurn-pex-plumbing.html

I'm not familiar with anything recent. Never heard of a problem with
the PEX pipe.

My system is 13 years old -- no problems knock on wood..