Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl 9" Angle Grinder - any good?

In article ,
The Night Tripper wrote:
Hi All Lidl have a 230mm Angle Grider for £30 on Monday. I really donlt
want or like angle grinders (it's one tool it's good to be scared of, I
feel), but I have a possible use for one coming up - cutting up the
angle iron of an old trailer for scrap.

At that price I'm tempted to buy one and try to sell it on cheap
afterwards. Any opinions on its general suitability for such a job? I
have an alternative offer of an old (B&D?) Proline Angle Grinder which
I could buy instead, if the team thinks that would be a better bet ;-o.

I bought a Lidl 9" grinder a couple of years ago just for the one job -
cutting the bricks for installing a larger window. It did the job
perfectly. I was surprised to find it was a soft start type - so nothing
like so scary as a 4" one without.

For the time I needed it, was cheaper than hiring. And of course it's had
occasional use since.

--
*Who is this General Failure chap anyway - and why is he reading my HD? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.