Posted to rec.woodworking
m II m II is offline

Default Base cabinet for front-load washer?

"RimaNeas" wrote in message ...

I will be remodeling my laundry room shortly and will be getting a front
it (and the dryer) on a base cabinet to raise it up around 14-16 inches. I
can easily make the base to match my other cabinets.

Do I need any special design considerations for the base or its top? I
imagine the appliances would want to walk some, so a lip would be in order
and the dang things are heavy, but I normally build beefy. I am thinking of
a tiled top for the cabinet... Any info/experience would be appreciated.

Cheers, Shawn

-----------------------

Save your money and time, each wash. Get an old fashioned top load and have
some actual storage cabinets above it on the wall.

With a top-load washer your clothes will actually get clean in less than
four hours of waiting without detergent residue to irritate your skin. If
you want to save water get a suds saver machine. The fad is fading, from
poor user experience, just as it did back in the 50s and 60sm before, due
too many problems that haven`t been fixed yet. It`s all hype no matter what
the sales con-artists are telling the wallets. I have experienced a few very
expensive machines.

Flame away

mike