Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default Base cabinet for front-load washer?

On Jul 3, 7:20*pm, Ray wrote:

I recently built one. *2x4 construction for the frame screwed to the
wall, with oak plywood on the sides and OSB for the platform painted
the same color as the walls. *The oak matches the trim in the house
and was left over from another project. *Total cost less than $20 and
looks a whole laot better than the $250 for the store bought ones. *I
got the washer up by tilting it side to side while my wife put a 2x4
under the high side. *Tepeat ten times. *I put a lip on top but the LG
washer has dynamic balancing and does not move

$250? Maybe if you're paying full MSRP. Check the completed auctions
on eBay. You can get one for well less than half that if you are
patient. Factor in time, the fact that you have to take the machine
off of your platform to service it, whereas the bolted on pedestal
moves with the machine, the painted steel pedestal is less susceptible
to water damage, etc. I would think that the pedestal designed by the
manufacturer to go with the washer would match the machine perfectly,
so I'm not sure how a homemade one could look better. Not trying to
rain on your parade, just offering the OP different opinions.