Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Poole[_9_] Kevin Poole[_9_] is offline

Default Removing fuel from a Vauxhall Astra Estate

On 01/07/2011 09:07, MuddyMike wrote:
"James wrote in message
news

I wonder if anyone can tell me how to remove the fuel from the tank of an
07 Astra Design Estate. I have a 5 gallon container and a hose.

Remove the fuel pipe from somewhere obvious (filter perhaps) under the
bonnet and turn on the ignition. Sit back and watch it pump out.

Will this work if it's a diesel? I know it wouldn't on earlier Astras.

If it wouldn't, you're stuck with sucking/syphoning the stuff through
the pipe leading to or from the fuel filter. Possible, but slow, and you
may have some trouble bleeding out the air you'll probably introduce.

--
Kevin Poole