Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Removing fuel from a Vauxhall Astra Estate

"James Noble" wrote in message
news
I posted this over in free.uk.cars.vauxhall but no response yet so, I
thought I would try here...

I wonder if anyone can tell me how to remove the fuel from the tank of an
07 Astra Design Estate. I have a 5 gallon container and a hose.

In the old days it was simply a matter of siphoning the fuel using a tube
but these newer cars have anti siphoning baffles in the filling pipe so
how do I do it.

The reason for this is that I filled the car up the other day in
preparation for a trip and on Tuesday the cooling system sprang a leak.
The dealer took it in yesterday and diagnosed a head gasket failure. This
coupled with new front discs required and a couple of other things has
brought the estimate for repair to over 2000.00. Decided to trade it in
against a new car so I want to transfer the fuel to our other car.

Thanks in advance!

Remove the fuel pipe from somewhere obvious (filter perhaps) under the
bonnet and turn on the ignition. Sit back and watch it pump out.

Mike