Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

Default Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??

When I was in the fire service, we learned that both length
and diameter matters. Smaller hose increases pressure drop,
usually measured in psi drop per 100 feet of length.

500 foot hose has 5 times the pressure drop of 100 foot
hose. In this case, both size matters, and length matters.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message

A 500 foot garden hose isn't going to pass much water.

Why not? Hose length has no bearing on water volume, only
diameter
matters.