Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Blown in cellulose in new construction

ls02 wrote:
I am thinking about using blown in cellulose insulation for new
construction: walls, attic as well in floors between first and second
floor and between first floor and basement. I have a lot of pipes and
wires so I suspect blown in cellulose will provide better value then
fiberglass batts which hard to put around so many obstacles.

Has anyone done this?

What's the cost of blown in cellulose vs fiber glass batts?

What's the best way to apply it to walls and floors? I saw video when
they blow it to wall open cavity then use some sort of screed to
screed excess flush with walls. What about floors? If I blow it to
ceiling will it stick and not fall down?

I heard most places who cell cellulose insulation rent the blower for
free. Does HD or Lowes rent it? Can one man operate it?

Hi,
Moisture is biggest enemy of that and wall? it will settle over time.