Posted to alt.home.repair
fp fp is offline

Default Paint-on repair coating for an old tarp

I have a very old tarp made of some sort of fabric which seems to be
coated with some rubber-like layer on one side. [The other side is a
once-shinier silver-gray color.] Due to making the mistake of always
folding the tarp up, cracks formed and have completely gone through
the rubber-like layer: light comes through those cracks. The tarp
stays together only because of the mesh of the fabric. [I use the tarp
to make an awning on a sunny balcony of my apartment.] [I now roll up
the tarp when I no longer need it as awning.]

Is there some kind of paint-on coating I can apply to the worn, rubber-
like side? What's it called and where is it bought?

Thanks