Posted to alt.home.repair
gcotterl gcotterl is offline

Default Schrader valve

On Jun 23, 5:16*pm, Tegger wrote:
gcotterl wrote in news:0bca4c17-47bd-401e-
:

What is the thread pitch and size of a Schrader valve on an inner
tube?

Also, the metal pin in the middle of the valve is bent so it's very
difficult to inflate the tube. *It's also preventing me from
unscrewing the valve core. *How can I take the core out?

If the pin is bent sufficient to make core removal difficult, I'm not sure
you have many options other than using a precision screwdriver to force the
pin straight again so you can get the core-tool on it.

Have you considered simply replacing the tube? Tubes aren't particularly
expensive, or particularly hard to replace. Assuming this is a bicycle or
other uncomplicated piece of machinery...

--
Tegger

Replacing the tube was a bear -- see my "Mounting a Small Tire on
Wheel" post -- but I finally succeeded. But, in that process, I
must've bent the pin.