Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_3_] Tegger[_3_] is offline

Default Schrader valve

gcotterl wrote in news:0bca4c17-47bd-401e-
:

What is the thread pitch and size of a Schrader valve on an inner
tube?

Also, the metal pin in the middle of the valve is bent so it's very
difficult to inflate the tube. It's also preventing me from
unscrewing the valve core. How can I take the core out?

If the pin is bent sufficient to make core removal difficult, I'm not sure
you have many options other than using a precision screwdriver to force the
pin straight again so you can get the core-tool on it.

Have you considered simply replacing the tube? Tubes aren't particularly
expensive, or particularly hard to replace. Assuming this is a bicycle or
other uncomplicated piece of machinery...

--
Tegger