Posted to uk.d-i-y
SS[_2_] SS[_2_] is offline

Default How to adjust PVC door hinges (pictures)

"Another John" wrote in message
In article ,
Chris J Dixon wrote:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ates/door3.jpg

Have you tried tightening all the screws holding the frame to the
surrounding brickwork. If it has worked a little loose

Or indeed, taking off the lock plate, cleaning surfaces up, and then
reinstalling it nice and tight: that pic looks as though it's only the
lock plate which is catching.

I will obviously try the suggestions, I have now checked it with a spirit
level along the top of the door
and it is off the level so it seems the frame is sagging towards the latch
side.

How would I adjust the frame? I will try and tighten other screws and
fixings as this will short term stop it catching, however I would like to
get the source of the problem sorted, which does now appear to be the main
door frame.