Posted to rec.woodworking
Gooey Gooey is offline

Default What does anybody think of a Harbor Freight air compressor?

On Jun 10, 2:33*pm, busbus wrote:
I am in the market and this one seems intriguing. *I have some clamps
and such from them and they are okay--I am not so sure about things
like air compressors.

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-hp-2...25-psi-cast-ir...

bought oe of their pancake compressors - for a spare, light-duty work
at a "second" shop. But would buy a Porter Cable (had for nearly ten
years now doing lots of projects without issues) or similar for my
first pancake compressor. I had a 30G Craftsman that has lasted twenty
years ad still looks new and works just fine. Must admit that I am not
a contractor, just a hobbyist.

WARNING, HFT Heat Guns suck. Not only suck air in the rear and blow it
out hot from the front as you might expect, but fail with very little
use. On my second unit and it hasn't lasted six months! If you do get
one, beware teh duty cycle. I suspect it's less than thirty seconds of
continuous operating at High Heat setting.