Posted to rec.woodworking
Eric[_14_] Eric[_14_] is offline

Default What does anybody think of a Harbor Freight air compressor?

"busbus" wrote in message

I am in the market and this one seems intriguing. I have some clamps
and such from them and they are okay--I am not so sure about things
like air compressors.

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-hp-2...sor-67847.html

==========

I am thinking this unit looks exactly like the unit I purchased a few years
ago under the Campbell and Hausfeld brand name.

The units works well but the noise will drive you out of house and home!! I
have the unit in my garage and if it kicks in while in the garage you would
jump out of your skin. I am so glad I wear earmuffs while operating my mitre
saw when it kicks in or I would probably have cut my hand off by now. I have
thought of boxing it in when I move it to a more permanent place and sound
insulate the monster. I know my EU2000i Honda Generator will not start it,
run it yes but not start it again...big electric surge!

Knowing the noise factor I would look for another unit. Some of the newer
pancake units are half the noise and quarter the size.

--

Eric