Posted to rec.woodworking
k-nuttle k-nuttle is offline

Default What does anybody think of a Harbor Freight air compressor?

On 6/10/2011 7:57 PM, RonB wrote:
On Jun 10, 1:33 pm, wrote:
I am in the market and this one seems intriguing. I have some clamps
and such from them and they are okay--I am not so sure about things
like air compressors.

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-hp-2...25-psi-cast-ir...

I am not a big HF fan, but I have had pretty good luck with some of
their stuff. I have had one of their $99 special mortise machines for
several years. The hold down hardware sucks but the machine has
plenty of power and cuts square holes and slots with help of clamps.
I have some of their smaller tools that work well. 18 Gage nailer
won't wear out -- $20.

No air compressor experience.

Ron

I have one of their small tire inflators, It normally went for about
$29, but was on special for $15. I have been using it for several years
now and am completely happy with it. Its volume is good and while I use
it principally for my JD garden tractor, I have used it on my van which
has 40psi in the tires.

I would recommend it to anyone who asked.

While I have bought other things at HF and never been disappointed, this
is the only electrical tool I have.