Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What does anybody think of a Harbor Freight air compressor?

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:18:27 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 11:33:40 -0700 (PDT), busbus
wrote:

I am in the market and this one seems intriguing. I have some clamps
and such from them and they are okay--I am not so sure about things
like air compressors.

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-hp-2...sor-67847.html

I have one of their smaller compressors and it works fine for my
needs.

I have one of their 47065 (4.65 peak horsies on 120v giggle, 21
gallon vertical) compressors and it works fine. 2+ years old, not used
a whole lot, doesn't leak much. They're loud but serviceable
beasties.

If I had it to do over, I might buy a pump, motor, and tank
separately, for improved CFM.

This looks like the same comp, rebadged with TALL AD LETTERING.
Same price/capacity.

WOW, HF now has a gasoline powered compressor for $599.
http://goo.gl/Tu8u2 Has anyone used one yet?

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from the
effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.