Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tabby Tabby is offline

Default AV and data cable wall outlet

On Jun 9, 11:23*pm, sm_jamieson wrote:
I'm thinking about some AV / coax / ethernet cabling into the far
corner of my kitchen, where it might
be useful to connect up various things.
1. worktop cable outlet (useful for some things, like a TV sitting on
the work surface)
2. various wall plates - OK but difficult to future proof. Need at
least 3 x cat6 (can take HMDI also), 2 x coax, some audio cables, etc,
etc.
3. Some type of big modular wall plate that can be customized with
snap-in modules in the future.
4. A tidy cable duct outlet in the wall. Could push cables up behind
plasterboard and out of the wall, to, for example, a drop-down screen.
Cable would have to exit upwards to repect minimum bend radius etc.

1. is easily available and might be included anyway.
2. Takes a lot of space and not future-proof.
3. Anyone know of such a thing ?
4. Anyone know of such a thing ?

Cheers,
Simon.

I like standard mains accessory blanking plates. You can drill and
mount whatever you want almost as densely as you want. Pretty
essential to mark up properly and take steps to ensure the drill
doesnt wander, you dont want it looking a bodge. Layout the desired
sockets on a grid matrix. The plate can be replaced any time in future
for a new connector layout. The one downside is its not a quick snap-
in solution. And if using a drlll press, its easy to apply too much
pressure.

NT