Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default AV and data cable wall outlet

On Jun 10, 12:46*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
* *Gareth wrote:

Option one sounds to be the easiest and most sensible if you are not
sure of future use at this point: a work surface television should have
or could have Freeview HD built in which, if satellite was not
important to you, would reduce the need for cabling including possibly
audio cabling to just a standard aerial cable.

I'm glad I ran in SCART cabling from living room to kitchen - initially so
I could watch recorded stuff in the kitchen. But it proves handy on live
stuff too - use the same FreeView tuner and you don't hear that annoying
sound delay between two different ones.

What is the max length of scart cable. Its quite thick bulky stuff.
Expensive ?
For the future, HDMI over cat6 cable seems to be the thing.
Simon.