Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chipper Shredder plans

On Jun 3, 10:18*pm, Ecnerwal
I could use a decent hammermill for grinding up small stuff to rot
faster, but haven't found one I'd care to spend money on. Bigger "stuff
you might chip" mostly ends up as firewood.

Me too.

So, I pile brush. If feeling moderately impatient, I pile horse manure
on the brush pile. With or without manure, the brush pile will shrink
over time. Either more brush gets added to the top, or the pile shrinks
to nothing. The active piles are worth manuring, just to weight them
down for more space to pile in the first place, and for the faster rot
(and further space created by shrinkage) in the second.

This will not work so well in desert climates, I suppose. Here, stuff
left out will inevitably rot, and do so faster if helped along.

Not so quick as chip or burn, but a lot simpler & quieter. Just pick an
out of the way spot and pile brush.

--

I guess I am too impatient. One pile that could be in a more out of
the way place has shrunk from about 6 feet high to about 4 + feet high

Dan