Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chipper Shredder plans

Why not rent one and put the chips where you want - and roto-till
the results into a compost pile or into the ground.

When Tree people were here to clear a line - I had two trucks dump
their loads on my side yard along our long driveway. We plan on
raking it out to improve the ground a bit like you. Now a year and
a half, most of each hill is great looking compost. Going to be
nice starter stuff. The stacks were smoking while they were cooking
and decomposing. I let them smoke. Fire was not my worry.

Martin

On 6/3/2011 4:12 PM, wrote:

i have cleaned up a good bit of the lot and now have several piles of
yard waste to get rid of. I would like to chip and shred the stuff
and then rototill it in to some places where the soil could use more
organic matter. The closest place to dispose of yard waste is a fair
ways away and if I do that I still need to do something to improve the
soil.

So does anyone have plans for a well designed chipper shredder?

Dan