Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Sony TV blinking LED fault codes

On 02/06/2011 10:27, DerbyBoy wrote:

I agree with you on this point. My JVC is getting on a bit - yet it
deliverers a perfect picture, so much to the annoyance of friends, I
haven't changed it yet. I take the view that the longer I leave it, the
better value for money I will get when I do change it. Just remember the
cost of flat screens when they were new.

Prices seem to be set to enable fast payback of the investment in
manufacturing plant. There are lots of people who are prepared to pay
lots in order to be the first in the road / family to get a new type of
product.

My Sony analogue widescreen 32" CRT cost me £1100 out of me pay packet
in 2006, and there is a little investment here in TiVo gear (now going
with AltEPG [1], no thanks to Virgin ...) that continues to fascinate.
Could say I was an early adopter of that, and the many freeview set-top
boxes that came and went.

Pity about the TV programmes though. I watch less and less as time goes
on, and the last time I actually sat down and watched a film anywhere
was probably six months ago. No time...

HD is really unnecessary here at the moment. Besides, I'd have to get
shot of the TiVo which is kind of an 'over me dead body' activity.

[1] - http://www.altepg.com - yep, a free EPG service for any TiVo that
ye may dig up, lifetime or not. TiVo series 1 is far from dead.

--
Adrian C