Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Sony TV blinking LED fault codes

On 02/06/2011 07:41, tony sayer wrote:
In , Richard Skeen
scribeth thus
On 01/06/11 10:54, Adrian C wrote:
From the service manual for KV-28LS60B same chassis (AE-6B) free on
http://www.eserviceinfo.com

Thank you - much appreciated. I'd found eserviceinfo.com while searching
but got stuck at the point where a search didn't find the model
KV-28CS70U - it's not shown as one of the models using the AE-6B chassis.

http://diagramasde.com/blog/24191/KV...-pdf-SONY.html

Tomorrow I'll count the number of flashes (forgot to write it down
before) and at with any luck that should point in the direction of
where to start looking.

Cheers,
Rich.

OK so what in practice can you do to repair the fault these days?...

It's an old CRT TV.

Lots of manuals also on Scribd. Search for "ae6b sony". Where would I be
without the 'net?

A fix depends on access to tools, test equipment, understanding and
ability to work with charged and live circuits etc...

http://www.repairfaq.org/samnew/tvfaq.htm

eServiceInfo has for that chassis, some documents and Windows flash
applications that describe the circuit operation.

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/35254/SONY_.html

Though a replacement LCD TV is less than £200 these days, the challenge
is still there not to spend that on a point of principle :-)

--
Adrian C