Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Sony TV blinking LED fault codes

On 01/06/2011 07:40, Richard Skeen wrote:
A friend of mine has a Sony TV (model KV-28CS70U) which suddenly stopped
working the other day. Every time he tries to turn it on, it turns
itself off again, and the power/standby LED flashes red/green.

I thing the number of flashes is a diagnostic code indicating the type
of fault, so I tried googling for a list (it's not in the user manual).
So far, I've found several different and contradictory lists of fault
codes, with no mention of which model they apply to.

From the service manual for KV-28LS60B same chassis (AE-6B) free on
http://www.eserviceinfo.com

No error 00
Reserved 01
OCP ( Over Current Protection ) 02
Over Voltage Protection 03
No Vertical Sync 04
IKR Error at power on 05
IIC bus clock and/or data lines low at power on 06
NVM no IIC bus acknowledge at power on 07
Horizontal Protection 08
Tuner no acknowledge at power on 09
Sound Processor Error 10
Reserved 11
Scanrate Error 12
DAC Error 13
Backend Error 14
Dynamic Convergence Error 15
PIP Error 16

By any chance, does someone has the information for this model to hand?
Or, could anyone recommend a reasonably cheap source to buy the service
manual for this TV?

Eserviceinfo doesn't have the exact same model - but it may be close
enough...

--
Adrian C