Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ret.[_4_] Ret.[_4_] is offline

Default Surging Pressure Washer

Rick Hughes wrote:
I have a KEW Hobby pressure washer ...... been great to date ... but
yesterday started surging.

This is significant enough to make it useless, almost equal cadence
between pressure & no pressure ... the outlet pressure gauge is also
reading nothing ... but that may be just a duff gauge.

Anybody any experience with pressure washers ?

No shortage of incoming mains (pressure or flow rate) even tried
different hoses & fittings to be 100% sure of that.

If I operate lance without unit being switched on ... water is
jetting out OK.
Plus when it 'surges' it does seem right pressure and flow at the
peak of each surge.

I had a similar problem with a Karcher - and prodding some grit out of the
jet with the provided 'prodder' did the trick.

--
Kev