Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Drop ceiling or drywall ceiling?

"Evan" wrote in message
On Apr 16, 3:39 pm, "CraigT" wrote:
I know everyone wants a drywall ceiling, but I have a walkout basement
that
if I were to put a drywall ceiling in I'd have to put in 12 access panels
for electrical boxes, water shutoffs, vent dampers, etc. in an area 18' X
27'. Here are couple pictures of what I've got in the way of "stuff" I
need access to and what it might look like with all the panels. Would I
just be better off going with a drop ceiling?

http://oi53.tinypic.com/2ry1y6x.jpg

http://oi55.tinypic.com/334nj2f.jpg

Now for your electrical boxes... Those can be extended
and or moved by a qualified electrician with no problems...
You did want to have lights in the basement after you
finished the ceiling ? Or are there actually more electrical
boxes just being used for lighting ? Anyway, they are
not immovable objects just because you can't seem to
figure out how to do it... (subtract 3 access panels)

** So what psychic ability do you possess that you can determine from the
little information furnished, how easy or difficult it will be to relocate
the electrical boxes. From where I sit, I can't determine what type of
boxes, number of cables in each, length and direction each cable travels,
etc, etc. There is no question that eliminating them from their present
location is possible, but there are sure a lot of possibilities that may
make it impractical.