Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Roof tile glue to repair recently cracked clay re-roof tiles(does it exist?)

On Apr 8, 3:12*pm, Aaron FIsher wrote:
On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 05:26:18 -0700, gpsman wrote:
On Apr 6, 5:44*pm, Aaron FIsher wrote:
is there any solution that involves simply gluing them back together?

It's SOP, according to my roofers.

Interesting. I didn't think anyone actually glued a tile ... but I really
don't want to re-roof the whole section! (I already bought 100
replacement tiles - I just don't really know how to do the re-roofing
part.)

Here is a picture of the newly bought tile shape that needs to be glued.http://www.upload3r.com/serve/080411/1302288985.jpg

Notice how 'thin' this tile is (US Tile Claymax).

The only problem with the suggested epoxies, I think, is that I would
think we'd need a quick-dry which will 'fix' while I'm still up there on
the roof, holding the parts together with my hand.

Did we come to a consensus as to which glue will:
a) Be strong enough to hold porous tile together
b) Be quick-drying enough to set in a minute or two (while being hand
held)
c) Be durable enough to last the heat and cold cycles on the roof

Ive glued things together with slow set epoxy that was difficult to
hold in place while the glue was drying by also using a little fast
set glue like a 5 minute epoxy or super clue .Superglue should hold
tiles pretty good.

Jimmie