Posted to alt.home.repair
infiniteMPG infiniteMPG is offline

Default POP/CREAK SOUND from attic/new roof???

We own a block house in west central Florida built in the early 1980's
and several years ago we had the entire roof rebuild with mostly new
plywood and all new shingles. About six months ago we were in the
living room and heard a rather loud CREAK or POP sound come from the
front hallway. Almost like the occasional creaking sound you heard
from a house settling, but after hearing it several times over the
next several days we noticed it was coming from the attic area. Have
noticed it's mainly when the temperature is changing, like after the
sun has been up a while or after the sun has set.

Also have heard this in other parts of the house at different volumes
but most prominent in the front hallway area. I have checked in the
attic and seen no visible things out of sorts. Just never heard these
sounds before and the roof work was done 5 or 6 years ago. Would like
to find some way to determine where these sounds are coming from and
take some precautionary measures if something needs work.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance,
Thanks!