Posted to uk.d-i-y
therustyone therustyone is offline

Default Inverse Screws

On Mar 22, 9:29*am, Andrew May wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 14:47:12 -0700, therustyone wrote:
On Mar 21, 11:55*am, Andrew May wrote:
Need to disassemble a motor (see cooling fan thread) which is held
together by four long machine screws with a head that I have never seen
before. Imagine a slotted machine screw but with a 'slot' that is
raised rather than sunken. Anyone come across this before? Does it have
a name?

Andrew

Maplins usually sell them:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/ratchet-and-...bit-set-37794?

tabid=1&criteria=usb&c=so&u=strat15 but also search for security screwdrivers on eBay.

Any idea which out of that set is the raised slot? Would be useful to have
the correct name for further searching.

Andrew

to be fair, I found my set of bits, but there's nothing exactly like
an inverse screw. There are 4 plain screwdriver bits with a
rectangular slot in the middle which are 4,5,6 and 6 mm diam.
Might do if the screws aren't too tight.

rusty