Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Floorboard screws

In article , george [dicegeorge]
writes
On 14/03/11 13:06, Roger Mills wrote:
On 14/03/2011 12:00, george [dicegeorge] wrote:
How best to screw down old floorboards ?
Spax Flooring Screw ?
file:///home/george/diy-ub/Spax-Flooring-Screw-Zinc-Yellow-Passivated-4-5-X-

60mm-Pack-of-300.html.mht

Please give a proper link. How are we supposed to access a file on
*your* hard disk?!

ooops...

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/88716/...s/Spax/Spax-T-
Star/Spax-Flooring-Screw-Zinc-Yellow-Passivated-4-5-X-60mm-Pack-of-300

I can't see the benefit of those over conventional, fully cut screws. If
the board is not fully tightened to the joist already then the final
tightening action of pulling the board down will cause the top thread to
strip out of the board so the benefit of that part is lost.

In a similar spot, I'd use these: http://www.screwfix.com/prods/22388/

Just noticed however that yours are marginally cheaper per screw so hey,
go for it.

Btw, for more manageable screwfix links, it's ok to strip the part after
the part code, it's redundant.
--
fred