Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Most reliable combi boiler 2011

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 01:10:53 -0800, sm_jamieson wrote:

OK, this changes from time to time I guess. I may be getting a new combi
boiler , about 30kW. Up to a 1000 quids.
What is the most reliable boiler around at the moment for that spec ?
I.e. one that has the vaguest hope of lasting 10 years (I know its
ridiculous !)

What's ridiculous about a mere 10 years? The only crop of the recent
generation of boilers that I wouldn't expect to last that long are
Ideal's horribly unreliable and expensive to repair POSes. (I've taken
one out recently.)

The Worcester-Bosch Greenstars I've been putting in over the last 5 years
or so seem to be plodding along OK. What'll be interesting is to see
which designs are making it to the 20 year mark.

--
John Stumbles