Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default "waffle" pavers?

On 3/6/2011 7:05 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Vic Smith wrote:

Those "waffle" blocks need ground prep.
Just get the cheapest "stepping stones" to lay to the garage until you
decide or not to do something "permanent."
I had the same issue getting to my garage.
No sidewalk straight to the driveway from the fort door.
We wore a path in the grass until I put down a narrow paver walkway.
That was a lot of work, even doing it wrong.

--Vic

That reminds me of a story about architects who designed a college
campus. They put up all the buildings but didn't put in any sidewalks.
They waited a few years until the students wore paths in the grass to
show where to put the sidewalks.

That sounds like a neat idea! Too bad it probably wouldn't work today,
the building inspector and other government agency's would want to know
where the sidewalks are going before the first shovel of dirt is moved.