Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default cutting board oil

On 2/28/2011 3:16 PM, SteveB wrote:
What is food grade mineral oil? Do I get it at the hardware store or? I
just read wykepedia about oils to use on a cutting board that I have that is
drying up, and starting to split. It also suggests poppyseed or tung oil,
not sure where to get that, either. It seems to say NOT to use any kind of
cooking oil, as it becomes rancid. What do YOU use?

Steve

It is mineral oil that is guaranteed not to have harmful contaminants
and commonly used as a laxative. It is clear and comes in a bottle and
can be found at your neighborhood drug store or pharmacy or if you want
to pay more you can can get it at a kitchen store labeled as butcher
block treatment.