Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Night Tripper[_3_] The Night Tripper[_3_] is offline

Default Gas hob repair advice sought

Hi all
One of the four controls on our (oldish, cheapish) gas hob has
stopped working. It's the style where you press down on the knob to allow
you to turn it away from the 'off' position. It's not allowing me to do this
(press down), and so I can't turn it on.

I've levered the knob off and cleared the obligatory debris from underneath.
There's now nothing obvious preventing the shaft from moving. I'm not too
familiar with the controls used on hob so not sure what to look for next.
Any suggestions or pointers to general maintenance info before I get too
stuck in? Ta.

(Apologies for lack of info re. make and model etc., I'm writing way from
home. More info tomorrow if required)

Cheers
Jon N