Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default What is the story with the Panasonic SA-PT760?

"PeterD" wrote in message
On 2/24/2011 8:07 PM, myfathersson wrote:

So I peeked inside, being careful not to disturb the screws. Guess
what? There IS a fuse inside it and it isn't blown.

And HOW do you know it is not blown? By looking at it? I don't think so...

--
I'm never going to grow up.

Unless it is a ceramic cased HRC type where you can't see the actual fuse
element - and admittedly this is sometimes the case with front-end fuses in
switchers - then if the fuse *looks* intact, it probably *is* intact. Fuses
in switchers tend not to fail 'softly' from metal fatigue or gentle overload
as they do in linear supplies. Most cases, if a fuse in the front end of a
switcher has failed, it will have done so spectacularly and will be at least
blackened, and sometimes even shattered. Hence the reason that ceramic cased
fuses in this position, are favoured by some manufacturers ...

Arfa