Posted to uk.d-i-y
Keefiedee Keefiedee is offline

Default Getting tile adhesive off a plaster wall

I suspect the answer is no, but is there an easy (ish) way to get tile
adhesive off a plaster wall? The tiles were removed in a bathroom
rearrangement before we bought the house, and it would not be
appropriate to re-tile over the same area.

I have tried a steamer, and an orbital sander with coarse paper, but
am wondering about using Nitromors. Can't think of anything else - so
am becoming resigned to a long job, but this group often surprises me
with answers I've never thought of, so any ideas?

TIA

Keith