Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Re-Roofing a log store

On Feb 22, 2:15 pm, Andy Dingley wrote:
On Feb 22, 2:04 pm, Mark Bluemel wrote:

What board should I use? OSB? WBP ply? Something else?

I wouldn't board and felt it, I'd use (for simplicity) something that
was inherently both strong enough and waterproof. Corrugated asbestos
cement is the traditional one, or these days that probably means
Onduline.

if using onduline (or same from Wickes) pay close attention to the
instructions re spacings of support timbers underneath - it will warp
and sag if not supported sufficiently - I know as my woodstore is
covered with it ....

Lasting well though fairly grim to cut - I used a jigsaw with a large
toothed blade - lots of "tarry bits" kicking about for a while after
building... get the correct "mushroom headed" nails and rubber grommet
washers (Wickes do packs) if you really want to keep the rain out....

Jim K

Jim K