Posted to alt.home.repair

Default removing "paint scrape" from our car

On Feb 19, 9:12*am, gpsman wrote:
On Feb 19, 7:32*am, Ohioguy wrote:

* *Anyone have any suggestions on other concoctions that I might try to
get it off?

I'd first try a little enamel reducer, probably wipe right off. *Clean
off the reducer with water so any remnants don't sit there and attack
your paint.

Or, a paste wax such as Turtle contains light abrasives that should/
might work with a little (or a lot of) elbow grease.

Or, a body shop might take care of it in 15 minutes for $20-25.

When I worked at a dealership body shop, a long time ago, we'd do crap
like that for nothing for customers.
*-----

- gpsman

If it's latex paint, go to HD, paint shop, or local hardware store and
look
for a product specifically designed to remove latex paint. I had the
exact
same thing happen to my car and that's what I did. It only loosens
latex.
I just applied it with a paper towel, waited a few minutes and the
whole
thing wiped right off with a rag., no rubbing at all and no abrasion
that
you'd get from more aggressive methods.