Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default removing "paint scrape" from our car

On 2/19/2011 7:32 AM, Ohioguy wrote:
My wife ran up against the painted wooden edge of our garage door while
backing out the car. Now we have a scraped bright green against our dark
grey, which shows up quite a bit.

I used a lot of elbow grease, plus some soap & water, hoping that it
might just be water based paint that would come off somewhat easily. It
didn't work. Then I tried mineral spirits, hoping that might take it off.

Most of the paint is on a plastic or rubber "bump guard", but a small
amount of it is on the actual driver side door.

Anyone have any suggestions on other concoctions that I might try to get
it off?

Thanks!

I did the same trick while cleaning snow off my pretty little silver
Toyota....used the handle of my broom to push some ice off the bottom of
the driver side window and left a streak of blue paint on the door. I
suspect it merged with the clear-coat. Got a little of it off with
finger nail.