Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default how to clean a very dusty wicker basket?

In message , JTM writes
In article
,
wrote:
What's the best way to clean a wicker basket that has
accumulated several years of dust? If I dunk it in warm
water with some washing powder in, will it disintegrate?

Well, they're made by soaking the wicker, or even steaming
it to make it flexible
It's in good condition; it's just very dusty.

I'd be tempted to give it a squirt with a hose

So would I. I'd first get as much dust off as possible by simultaneously
brushing and sucking with a vacuum cleaner pipe (using a paint brush for
the nooks and crannies), and then give it a brisk hosing. It probably
won't harm it at all.
--
Ian