Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default how to clean a very dusty wicker basket?

On 2/7/2011 3:56 PM, wrote:
What's the best way to clean a wicker basket that has accumulated
several years of dust? If I dunk it in warm water with some washing
powder in, will it disintegrate? It's in good condition; it's just
very dusty.

I use the dusting attachment on my Dyson; then swish in warm water with
washing-up liquid. Rinse with the spray attachment at the sink - or use
a garden hose. Leave in a warm airy place until completely dry - you
don't want mold or mildew.